As creative folk at Trigger we feel the pain with you, empathy it's called and we have it in the bucket load. With the economy gone to pot commercial artists are feeling the pinch. Clients with healthy budgets are nowhere to be seen, art sales are in a fragile state and every Tom, Dick and Harriet has a digital camera, wants to be called a photographer and is uploading as fast as you can take the next shot. So how can you develop an income stream on a budget of nothing while all hell is breaking lose. Well it might surprise you but Microstock is the fastest growing area in photography sales. That might be good for the Microstock companies but ouch! Where does that leave the photographer? No better off unless you can sell thousands of image licenses. If you're anything like me you'll be wincing at the thought of selling anything for a mere pittance, let alone your hard earnt talent.
If you're lucky enough to have some spare cash spend wisely, or you might as well just set light to it now or the sales rep will snatch it from your creative fingers. Any sales rep who has been to sales rep school will then give you the line " you'll get a much better response to your ad by booking six months worth now, that way you can build your brand". What they actually mean is that they can extract more money from you, in one hit, more quickly. Let's face it, if your work's good it will sell, you just need to put it in front of the clients, lots of clients, across a diverse range of uses. So what do you do, spend valuable creative time dragging your folio from one glazed over creative director to another? Yip. Maybe create a masterpiece of a website that nobody can find? Yip. Or you invest in the sales reps promises exchanging real cash for a small ad at the back of a trade magazine? Why not try all three, blow that cash after all what else can you do with it apart from purchase life's necessities? Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
So what alternative could you try, something that works for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is FREE?
Licensing your existing imagery to art buyers by having a FREE subscription to Trigger provides the potential to create repeat income from the same image. Having a creative folio of images in our galleries can generate real extra income for no cost to you. We provide FREE marketing, FREE file storage, FREE file delivery to clients and a FREE payment collection service. All you need to do is provide us with great imagery and be professional in your commitment. We only charge a commission on actual sales so if you don't sell anything, you don't pay anything.
A major new addition to our FREE services is our new online distribution network which now includes the following picture agencies in 30 countries:
- Alamy - www.alamy.com
- Glasshouse Images - www.glasshouseimages.com
- DPA - Germany - picture-alliance.com
- Stockphotopro - USA - www.stockphotopro.com
- Polfoto - Denmark - www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/app/stock
- AGE Fotostock - Barcelona - Madrid - Paris - New York - www.agefotostock.com
- allphoto - Czech Republic - www.allphoto.cz
- Archivo Digital - Digital Stock - Mexico - www.archivodigital.com.mx
- Arquivo Internacional de Cor, Comunicação pela Imagem, Lda. - Portugal - www.aic.pt
- Avenue Images - Germany - www.avenueimages.com
- BrunoStock - Netherlands - www.brunostock.nl
- Dinodia Photo Library PVT LTD - India - www.dinodia.com
- East News Russia - Russia - www.eastnews.ru
- East News SP ZOO - Poland - www.eastnews.com.pl
- East News Ukraine Photo Agency - Ukraine - www.eastnews.com.ua
- FOCI Image Library - Denmark - www.foci.dk
- FotoStock S.A. - South Africa - www.aaifotostock.com
- Fresh Images - Netherlands - www.freshimages.nl
- Graph East - United Arab Emirates - www.grapheast.com
- Grupo Keystone - Brazil - www.grupokeystone.com.br
- Hemis.fr - France - www.hemis.fr
- IBL Bildbyrå - Sweden - www.ibl.se
- Imagefile - Ireland - www.imagefile.ie
- Imageplus - Brazil - www.imageplus.com
- IML Image Group Ltd. - Greece - www.iml.gr
- Kactus Digital - Chile - www.kactusdigital.cl
- Lehtikuva Oy - Finland - www.lehtikuva.fi
- Marka S.R.L. - Italy - www.marka.it
- Orbanca Images - Venezuela - www.orbancaimages.com
- Photo Stock, S.A. de C.V. - Mexico - www.photostock.com.mx
- PhotoNewZealand - New Zealand - www.photonewzealand.com/international/
- Prisma Bildagentur AG - Switzerland - www.prismaonline.ch
- Profile Photo Library Ltd. - Thailand - www.profilephotolibrary.com
- SlideDepot Ltda. - Colombia - www.slidedepot.com
- The Bigger Picture - South Africa - www.thebiggerpicture.co.za
- Van Parys Media - Belgium - www.vanparysmedia.com
- Zenon Images - Turkey - www.zenonimages.com
If you have subscribed or renewed your FREE subscription since January 2009 you will now benefit from our new distribution network. If you want to update your FREE subscription at Trigger you can simply do this online. If you're not sure just drop me a line for more information.
Photographer Elizabeth May has already benefitted by licensing work to the MSN homepage.
More major stock image distributors will be added over the coming months which means your work will be seen by a growing number of potential clients globally. Keep them interested in your work by updating your images on a regular basis. Submit your low res samples by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll ensure your work gets FREE exposure to art buyers in exchange for realistic Rights Managed License sales fees.